Nupur Chaphekar, MSGraduate Student
Program: PhD Track: Pharmaceutics Advisor: Raman Venkataramanan, PhD
Nupur graduated with a bachelor of pharmacy degree from Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai. She graduated with a masters from University of Pittsburgh, School of Pharmacy in 2019. She is currently a PhD student in Dr Venkat's lab. Her research focuses on studying the pharmacokinetics of drugs used in pregnancy.
Nupur's research focuses on studying the pahrmacokinetics of drugs used for the treatment of substance use disorder during pregnancy. She is studying the effect of cannabis smoking on the pharmacokinetics of coadministered drugs. She is currently focusing on using physiologically based pharmacokinetic modeling to predict cannabis mediated drug interactions during pregnancy. Nupur is also involved in the clinical study for studying the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of buprenorphine and its metabolites in pregnant women and their neonates.
1. Chaphekar, N., Dodeja, P., Shaik, I. H., Caritis, S., & Venkataramanan, R. (2021). Maternal-Fetal Pharmacology of Drugs: A Review of Current Status of the Application of Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic Models. Frontiers in pediatrics, 9
2. Huang H, Xie H, Chaphekar N, Xu R, Venkataramanan R, Wu X. A physiologically based pharmacokinetic analysis to predict the pharmacokinetics of intravenous isavuconazole in patients with or without hepatic impairment. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2021 Feb 22:AAC.02032-20. doi: 10.1128/AAC.02032-20.
3. Chaphekar N, Caritis S, Venkataramanan R. Model-Informed Dose Optimization in Pregnancy. J Clin Pharmacol. 2020 Oct;60 Suppl 1: S63-S76
4. Joshi A, Kiesel BF, Chaphekar N, Jones R, Guo J, Kunos CA, Taylor S, Chu E, Venkataramanan R, Beumer JH. In vitro evaluation of the metabolic enzymes and drug interaction potential of triapine. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2020 Nov;86(5):633-640
5. Zhang H, Bastian JR, Zhao W, Chen H, Shaik IH, Chaphekar N, Caritis SN, Venkataramanan R. Pregnancy Alters CYP- and UGT-Mediated Metabolism of Buprenorphine. Ther Drug Monit. 2020 Apr;42(2):264-27